No, they’re not cruciferous, but we all need a treat now and then and they are “plant-based!” LOL
Before you go “Yuck,” you gotta try these. Ultra dense and chocolaty, they are super easy to make (notice a trend with my favorite recipes?) and low enough in calories to be, in my opinion, guilt free.
A blender will work, but you may find that ingredients blend better in a decent food processor.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×9 pan or line with parchment paper.
Add these ingredients, except chips,to your processor and mix very well.
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed well and drained,
- 2 or more Tbsp extra dark cocoa powder,
- 1/2 cup oats,
- 1/4 tsp salt,
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup,
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or oil of choice (plain or flavored vegetable, coconut oil or other nut butter),
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract,
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 to 2/3 cups chocolate chips (60% or more cocoa?)
- more chips for frosting
Stir in chips and spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle extra chips on top.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Spread the softened chips on top to make “frosting.”
Let cool completely before cutting into 16 squares.
If you’re counting, each serving has only about 119 rich, fudgy satisfying calories.
Adapted from a recipe on www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com